Pharmacy Assistants work under the supervision of the Pharmacist and/or Regulated Pharmacy Technician (where allowed by legislation). They assist with the preparation and distribution of pharmaceuticals, inventory management, and documentation. They work within a scope of responsibilities, code of ethics and understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements in the pharmacy industry.
Graduates of these programs will walk away with an in depth knowledge of pharmacology, anatomy, and client relations.
- 4-week field placement
- Classrooms that simulate real-world pharmacy settings,
- including relevant equipment
- Standard First Aid with Heartstart
The Pharmacy Assistant Diploma program will qualify grads to pursue positions in Hospitals, Community Pharmacies, and Long Term Care Settings.
- Grade 12 or equivalent or mature student status
- Grade 10 minimum is required for mature student applicants
- A complete standardized health form and program of immunization may be required
- Clear Conduct Certificate
NOC CODE: 6421, 3414
Salary information may be found on: workingincanada.gc.ca