Academics Coordinator (Immediate, Full-time)
Eastern College Inc. is actively seeking an Academics Coordinator to join our Academic Services team. This position will be based out of the Eastern College Support Centre, located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the ongoing operation of developing new and revising existing programs and courses delivered at both Eastern and triOS Colleges.
Key responsibilities of this position include supporting the Academic Services team with:
• quality control of course curriculum;
• managing incoming requests to the Academic Services department, and ensuring individuals are current on the status of those requests;
• managing the communication of course, program, resource, etc., changes from Academic Services to the rest of the college;
• coordination, preparation and maintenance of both program submission and program accreditation documentation; and
• assisting with the maintenance of curriculum and academic resources in the Learning Management System, Brightspace.
Qualifications: • Post-secondary education.
• Experience with proofreading or editing text is required.
• Formal training in customer service, MS Office and business administration preferred.
• Some training related to instructional design would be considered an asset.
• A minimum of two years of experience working in an office environment is preferred.
• Experience in an educational setting is considered an asset.
Hours of Work: This position is a permanent full-time opportunity working Monday to Friday.
Start Date: The scheduled start for this opportunity is immediate.
How to Apply: If you or someone you know is interested in applying to this opportunity, please submit your resume via email in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
Accommodations are available for applicants throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.