Learning Management System Specialist (Immediate, Full-time)
Eastern College Inc. is actively seeking a Learning Management System Specialist to join our Academic Services team. This position will be based out of the Eastern College Support Centre, located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Opportunity is ideal for a new graduate with strong command of both written and spoken English.
Primary Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of this position is to support the creation, population and care of college courses within the Learning Management System (LMS).
Key responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining course content within the LMS.
- Supporting the content creation and uploading of content into the LMS.
- Providing initial instructor support on the LMS, escalating to the LMS Administrator as needed.
- Assisting in the documentation and maintenance of a learning technologies knowledge base.
- Assisting in the development, implementation and training of the use of the LMS for staff and students.
Qualifications: - A diploma or degree, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written English communication skills. This includes the ability to wordsmith and use proper grammar and sentence structure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Ability to adapt and learn new tools and software quickly are essential to success in this role.
- Self-motivation, prioritization and interpersonal skills will be essential to balance the multiple demands of this opportunity.
Hours of Work: This position is a permanent full-time opportunity working Monday to Friday.
Start Date: The scheduled start date is immediate.
How to Apply: If you or someone you know is interested in applying to this opportunity, please submit your resume via email in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
Accommodations are available for applicants throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.