In this policy, “we”, “our” and “us” mean, as applicable, any of Eastern Companies (namely Eastern Corporation and Eastern College or the collective group of companies, and “you” and “your” mean an individual who has made an application to us, or has provided a guarantee, for any financing or purchase of product or service offered by us.
When you enter into a purchase arrangement, or provide a guarantee in respect of, any of our products or services and while you are our customer you agree that:
1. We may collect and use personal information from you and about you for the following purposes:
– To understand your needs;
– To analyze the suitability of our products and services for you;
– To determine your eligibility for our products and services;
– To set up, manage and offer products and services that meet your needs;
– To provide you with ongoing service;
– To meet our legal and regulatory requirements;
– To investigate and administer funding sources available to you.
2. We may collect, use and disclose your Social Insurance Number for purposes relating to administering funding sources available to you on your behalf (i.e. OSAP, Human Resources Development Canada).
3. We may share information (except health information) about you to other companies within the Eastern group of companies so that they may tell you about their products and services. There are some examples where Eastern will not seek your consent for disclosure to outside third parties. These examples are:
– Where there is a legal obligation to disclose under a court or government order as for instance to detect or prevent illegal activity;
– Where personal information is given to their agents and service providers for services such as data processing of electronic fund transfers or loan collection;
– Where the disclosure is of regulated public information.
4. We may keep information about you in our records for as long is needed for the purposes described above, or as required by relevant regulatory requirements, even if you cease to be a customer.
5. All information which you give us at any time will be true and complete and you will not withhold any material information. You have the right to access, verify and update any personal information we have in your file.
6. We may use references you provide, to verify information, you give us and you authorize any person whom we contact in this regard to provide such information to us.
7. If any personal information changes or becomes inaccurate or out of date, you will tell us so we can revise our records.
Refusing or Withdrawing Consent
Subject to legal and contractual requirements, you can refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of information about you, or you may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use or disclosure of information at any time in the future by giving us reasonable notice, provided the consent does not relate to certain information required for credit or financing arrangements which you apply for or accept. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you or continue to provide you with some products, services or information which may be of value to you.
You can tell us any time to stop using information about you to market our products and services or to stop sharing information with other companies in the Eastern group of Companies.
If you wish to refuse consent or to withdraw consent as outlined within this policy, you may do so at any time by contacting the office of Eastern with whom you deal with.
If You Apply for, Accept or Guarantee any For of Credit Facility With Us:
When you apply for, or accept, or guarantee, a loan or credit facility and during the course of the loan or credit facility, we may use, give to, obtain, verify, share and exchange credit and other information (except health information) about you with others including credit bureaus, collection agencies, and other persons with whom you may have financial dealings, as well as any other person as may be permitted or required by law. You authorize any person whom we may contact in this regards to provide such information to us.
During the term of the loan or credit facility, you may not withdraw consent to our ongoing collection, use or disclosure of your personal information in connection with the loan or other credit arrangement you have with us or have guaranteed. We can continue to disclose such to credit bureaus even after your loan or credit facility has been retired, and you may not withdraw your consent to our doing so. We do this to help maintain the accuracy, completeness and integrity of the credit reporting system.
We may ask for your Social Insurance Number to use in verifying and reporting credit information to credit bureaus and credit collection agencies. If you wish to refuse consent of this right, then you must do so upon contracting with us. In doing so, you may not qualify for financial assistance through Eastern.