HEALTH, WELLNESS AND RECREATION
Can you see yourself inspiring others to lead a healthy lifestyle? Studying Health, Wellness and Recreation at Eastern College will provide you with the tools needed to create and deliver programs to help clients tackle fitness and lifestyle challenges.
The opportunities for graduates are diverse, endless, and fun - you could lead aerobics classes on a cruise ship, assist in sports rehabilitation clinics, or spend one-on-one time as a personal trainer, among many other prospects.
- 8-week field placement (may vary by Province)
- Preparation for the Certified Personal Trainer exam through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Physical training throughout the duration of the program
The Health, Wellness and Recreation Diploma program will qualify grads to pursue positions in the retail fitness and sport fields, fitness and health clubs, wellness and recreation programs, public and private fitness programs or recreation programs.
EMPLOYERS WHO HAVE RECENTLY HIRED EASTERN GRADS
- Moncton Chiropractic Clinic
- Potash Corp Civic Centre
- Sport Chek
- Royal Canadian Regiment
• Grade 12 or equivalent or mature student status. Please call the campus for more details
• An applicant may be asked to participate in physical fitness testing and/or provide a physician’s statement in order to demonstrate that the applicant is evidently capable of taking the training and performing the functions which would normally be expected of a worker in this vocational field
• Each student is required to have proper gym footwear and clothing
RESOURCE ARTICLES: THE PERKS OF A HEALTH AND WELLNESS CAREER
Your job in health and wellness is to physically improve yourself, which means that you get to spend the better part of eight hours working out every day! That sounds tiring, but you wouldn’t be reading this if you weren’t up to the challenge in the first place ...continue reading!
Discover a rewarding career in healthcare!
Contact Eastern College now to book a free career consultation, simply fill out the form on this page to get started!