Free Tuition: Continuing Care Assistance - Progressive Education
Continuing Care Assistants (CCAs) are highly sought after in Nova Scotia and remain one of the fastest-growing fields in health care. This is mainly due to the rise of the Canadian aging population. Canadians are now living longer lives than previous generations and the demand for care workers is also increasing.
Our Continuing Care Assistant – Progressive Education Program (CCA – PE), is a great way to put your learning into practice early on in the program. Starting from week 11 of this unique program, students will attend classes virtually three days a week and work two days a week through a paid placement in the continuing care sector.
Note: You must be a Canadian permanent resident or citizen to qualify.
What’s Included in the Continuing Care Assistant – PE Program?
- 100% free tuition including books and exam fees
- 40-week program with classes offered remotely so you can learn from anywhere
- ‘Work and Learn’ model with paid work placement to apply your learning
- Eastern College Diploma
- Guaranteed employment
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- If a student does not have Grade 12 or equivalent, he/she must achieve a score of 12 on the Wonderlic Test
- Clear Conduct Certificate: Students acquiring a Clear Conduct Certificate for admission into a program take on the rationale that it is valid. Students are solely accountable for any offences that remain uncovered which when discovered by the investigation preclude the student from sustainable field placement or employment
- Vulnerable sector search
- Complete a standardized health form and proof of immunization
- Applicants may be required to demonstrate proficiency in English per the CCA Language Proficiency Policy
How to enroll in the CCA PE Program?
If you enjoy caring for others, this may be the career for you. To start a career in this dynamic healthcare field contact Susan Hunt (506-285-4989) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Locations hiring for free CCA
We’ve partnered with continuing care providers to meet the ongoing needs for CCA.
The instructors are amazing, very helpful and always there for anything you need, anytime. The atmosphere of the school is energetic and fun. I enjoy coming to school every day.