Drive your career forward in a lucrative field with the right education.
About The Program
The Applications Developer diploma program offers free Microsoft Office Professional and Microsoft Imagine Premium, and real-world work experience with an 8-week field placement.
As an Applications Developer graduate, you will qualify for positions such as: Junior Web Developer, Intranet Site Developer, Mobile Developer, Junior Java Developer, Junior C# Developer, Junior ASP.NET Developer, and HTML5/CSS Developer.
Employers Who Have Hired Eastern Grads
- Public Service Pay Centre
- Service New Brunswick
- Robert Half International Inc.
- Stellar Learning Strategies
*Employment Rate based on 2018 contactable Eastern graduates employed in a related field.
NOC Code: 2174, 2175 - **Wage data is for employees in all ranges of experience in the field, rounded down to the nearest dollar, and based on New Brunswick data. Local (or regional) income may vary.
Did you know that companies are always on the lookout for professionals who can develop their web and mobile apps to help them advance their business? So, if you’re interested in creating applications and are looking to be part of a demanding field, then the Applications Developer program will take you in the right direction.
Learn how to create interesting and aesthetically-pleasing websites and applications, as well as programs, using a variety of different languages (Java, C#/ASP.NET, SQL); create mobile apps (Andriod, Web, iPhone), as well as advanced web programming, including programs that run on back-end web servers.
Students enrolled in the program receive:
- Adobe Creative Suite Design Software
- Free certifications exam vouchers including designations from Adobe ACA. You will be eligible to write 1 certification exam that is a stepping stone to a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification. The remaining certification exams include 2 Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications in each of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Students are provided with these 3 certification exam vouchers to write the certifications they wish to pursue.
Course Listings: New Brunswick
Advanced Web Technologies
Career Planning & Preparation - Level I
Career Planning & Preparation - Level II
Field Placement - Applications Developer
Introduction to C# and ASP.NET Programming
JQuery and CMS Development
Linux and Apache
Mobile Web Development
Programming Logic and Design
Software Lab - Access Fundamentals
Software Lab - Computer Fundamentals
Software Lab - PowerPoint Fundamentals
Software Lab - Word Fundamentals
Software Lab - Excel Fundamentals
Student Success Strategies
High school graduation diploma or equivalent, or Mature Student status.
“The college has amazing, well-educated staff that are always willing to help. As a grad I gained the skills that employers were seeking, confidence and pride in my work. Best decision I made for my career goals!”