HOME SUPPORT WORKER/PERSONAL CARE ATTENDANT
The need for care workers is increasing as our population ages. A role in personal care will see you providing support to clients and their families that need assistance; whether elderly, disabled, or recovering from a serious illness or injury.
Your job will be to assist individuals with their daily routines, including preparing meals and feeding, maintaining personal hygiene, running errands, monitoring medication and recovery, and informal counselling support. Studying to become a Home Support Worker / Personal Care Attendant at Eastern College will provide you with the skills required to meet provincial standards, to help you find a job in your chosen field that much quicker.
- 10-week practicum
- First Aid/CPR Level C Training
- National Food Safety Training Program
ARE YOU CAREER TRAINING READY? FIND OUT!
Take a quick and easy quiz to find out more about yourself, your goals, and identify your strengths and social style. This quiz gives you suggestions for what career areas you might consider based on your likes and preferences. Give it a try now!
Take the Quiz
The Home Support Worker / Personal Care Attendant Diploma program will qualify grads to pursue positions in Home Care Agencies, Nursing Homes, Private Residence and Hospitals. Please visit EasternHealth.ca to see some of the current job postings for healthcare professionals in the region.
• Grade 12, Adult High School Diploma, or High School Equivalency (GED)
Mature applicants with a minimum of:
• Grade 10 may be considered for this program and must pass a high school equivalency test
• Clear Conduct Certificate
• A Vulnerable Sector search is required
• Mentally and physically able to complete requirements for job
• Provide their own transportation that is acceptable to their clinical agency
• Complete a standardized health form and proof of immunization
• Demonstrate proficiency in English at a minimum of Level 8
Discover a rewarding career in healthcare!
Contact Eastern College now to book a free career consultation, simply fill out the form on this page to get started!