Eastern College Partners with Loch Lomond Villa to Offer Free PSW Training in New Brunswick
November 29th, 2021
Eastern College teams up with Loch Lomond Villa to train Personal Support Worker (PSW) students in New Brunswick. This partnership aims to provide free training to students and guaranteed employment upon graduation.The aging population has been increasing, resulting in a heightening PSW demand in Atlantic Canada. This need is expected to grow further, which creates more career opportunities for PSWs in the future. With this strong employment outlook plus an opportunity to positively impact other people’s lives, working as a PSW has never been more appealing and promising.
“We are pleased to partner with Loch Lomond Villa and the New Brunswick provincial government to help Loch Lomond Villa meet their need for additional personal support workers,” said Stuart Bentley, President of Eastern College. “Our experience in training personal support workers and our partnering expertise with employers will enable new graduates to start new careers with this innovative and established person-centred care provider.”
Eastern College’s 30-week free PSW diploma program is approved by the National Association of Career Colleges (NACC) and registered with the New Brunswick Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour. Classes will be offered remotely to give students flexibility and convenience.
Graduates of the program will obtain:
- competence in body systems, care planning, safety and mobility, medication assistance, first aid, and more
- PSW skills meeting provincial standards to provide timely, appropriate, and patient-centered care
- free tuition (funded by WorkingNB)
- scrubs and books
- free placement at the chosen facility
- Eastern College Diploma and NACC Certificate
- guaranteed employment upon graduation
To participate in this program, you must:
- Call Susan Hunt at 506-285-4989 or email her at email@example.com to join an online information session via Zoom. You can also register directly through Zoom by clicking any of the links below corresponding to your schedule of choice:
- Complete the admissions requirements. (You must be a Canadian permanent resident or citizen to qualify.)
- Interview with the healthcare facility.
- Enroll in the program.
To learn more about this program, kindly visit the Loch Lomond Villa Partnership page.
Eastern College will train PSW students in preparation for their patient-centric career at Loch Lomond Villa.
About Loch Lomond Villa
Loch Lomond Villa has played an essential leadership role in the delivery of long-term, person-centered care in the community for more than four decades. A community of care providers, they commit to enhancing the lives of the more than 400 people who call the Villa home. Their comprehensive approach ensures residents receive the most innovative and expert care possible, while their compassion and dedication keep their focus exclusively on each individual.
About Eastern College
Eastern College has provided training in a modular approach to best prepare students for the job market. Since its establishment in 1983, Eastern has helped fast-track over 30,000 students to job-readiness through its programs and courses.
With campuses in Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, and Halifax, Eastern offers programs under six faculties namely Business, Technology, Healthcare, Law, Supply Chain, and Art & Design. For more information about Eastern College, please go to www.easterncollege.ca.