At Eastern College your personal and professional development is important to us.
Throughout your time in your program, campuses plan a variety of events to help you feel your school’s spirit. Many of these events include:
• Themed campus lunches
• Social gatherings
• Community fundraisers
• Campus contests and more!
No matter which campus you attend, you will feel a sense of family. The staff is very welcoming and committed to see you grow and develop as an individual.
Get involved outside of the classroom by participating in the Eastern Student Ambassador program!
The Eastern Student Ambassador program is a student-run operation within each of our campuses that enhances your overall student experience. The program allows students to develop valuable soft skills such as leadership, communication, teamwork and innovation, while enhancing communication between campus staff and students.
The program has increased overall student satisfaction, and has helped many of our graduates secure enriching jobs when they finish their education.
Some of the benefits of joining our Student Ambassador program are:
• The opportunity to be part of a self-governing team of students whose mission is to enhance student life at Eastern as well as increase awareness of the college in the local community.
• Enhance your resume with a unique experience and gain a reference letter from the Campus Director to assist with your job search after graduation.
• Increase your network of local contacts through participation in events and initiatives outside of the campus.
• Enhance your skills prior to entering the workforce.
• Opportunity to participate in student-run social and campus morale events.
• Increased opportunities for you to provide feedback for the improvement of Eastern College and the campus that you are attending.
Because the Eastern Student Ambassador Program is run by our students, the activities and initiatives vary from campus to campus, yet they are all geared towards enhancing student life and providing unique experiences for all of our students.
Eastern students are able to fill out an application at any time to become a Student Ambassador. Applicants are selected based on a brief interview by one of the faculty advisors and Campus Director. Students that apply to the Student Ambassador program must be in good standing with grades and attendance.
STUDENT TUTORING PROGRAM
When you begin your education at Eastern, we want you to know that you will be well-supported throughout your journey. If you find that you are having a bit of trouble with any of your classes, there are many different tools that you can use to get back on track. At Eastern, we offer a Student Tutoring program where you can be assisted in your studies by your peers who have successfully completed the course you are currently taking.
By providing tutoring, we hope that our students will feel more comfortable and confident in their studies and in the classroom. The Student Tutoring program will also provide students with additional resources to help them be successful.
The goals of the peer tutoring program include:
• To help our students become independent learners.
• To help our students develop effective personal learning strategies.
• To provide our students with a peer perspective on success in their programs.
• To respect and accommodate individual differences in learning.
• To provide high achieving students with volunteer and professional development opportunities.
The Student Tutoring program will fully train all students to be effective tutors. Campus Directors, instructors and staff facilitators will be responsible for vetting and choosing students who will take the role seriously and want to help their peers achieve their goals.
Student tutors will be given recognition during student assemblies and graduation and will receive a certificate as well as a letter of recommendation based on their tutoring.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Take a look at the various programs that we offer across seven faculties of Business, Technology, Healthcare, Law, Supply Chain, Art and Design, as well as Trades. Become a student at Eastern!