Law - Part-time - Instructor
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide quality delivery of assigned courses within the Paralegal program, utilizing a variety of instruction strategies, techniques and delivery methods to meet the individual learning styles of the students, in a safe and civil learning environment. Instructors are responsible for teaching assigned courses in accordance with course competencies, taking daily attendance, and as required, grading class tests, assignments and exams.
The Paralegal Instructor will support the vision, mission, and values of Eastern College while contributing to a positive, supportive and student-focused team environment of respect, integrity, dedication and readiness; embracing diversity and fostering inclusion.
- Must be a Paralegal or Lawyer in the province of New Brunswick.
- 3-5 years of related practical experience.
- Experience with matters in corporate law, small claims court, civil litigation, contract law and/or employment law.
- Proficiency in a variety of legal software programs is essential including PC Law.
- Prior teaching experience is preferred.
- Professionalism combined with intermediate MS Office skills, superior communication and organizational skills will be essential to success in this role.
Hours of Work:
This is a part-time opportunity but will have full-time hours at certain points throughout the year. Hours of work will be 8am-12pm and/or 1pm – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
The scheduled start for this opportunity is immediate.
How to Apply:
If you or someone you know is interested in applying to this opportunity, please submit your resume via email in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check. Accommodation is available for candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.